Thursday 18 October 2012

So fail it wins?



Brad Pitt is the first male to ever become the face of the perfume Chanel No5. If you guys have not watched the video yet, I put a link up top. He was apparently paid 7 million USD for saying those simple lines. This advertisement has received quite a lot of attention for being so underwhelming. Tabloids have referred to it as being perplexing, and honestly I thought it was pretty bad too!

HOWEVER! I thought about it, and wondered who would pay 10 million dollars for THAT!? They picked an A list celebrity that the mass generally liked, paired it with a brand of perfume that people generally associate with being good, and came up with that!?

And I simply concluded that it had to be a genius. Lets look at it objectively! It is creating a buzz at the moment! It is a crazy and bold move to come up with something as simple as that, but people are talking about it, people are drawn to watch it, people are making parodies of it.In 3 days they have amassed almost 3 million views! That has got to be some sort of success! I'm sure there are certain conditions for these campaigns to become successful, and I believe one of them has to be the fact that the brand has to have a strong association with being great. Do you agree with me? What else do you think is needed for such a campaign to be a success? Do you even think its successful? Leave me a comment!!

 My mind is completely blown!

No comments:

Post a Comment